The below “anchoring points” help keep me focussed on what is important. The truth is that you lovely peoples 🙂 are far more important than the tempest of distraction that assaults us every single day. It’s the highest priority to do everything possible to keep and protect that truth.
While seasons change and spheres of relationships ebb and flow, I want people to know they are cared about and loved. I genuinely believe we are all family (in the greater scheme of things.) That’s the focal point the below points spring from. I hope you find them encouraging and maybe even helpful.
So, here goes…
- Explore, Discover and share Beauty in all its manifestations.
- Resist pessimism and cynicism from within and coming from external sources.
- Assert humor.
- Not at someone else’s expense. Unless it is Donald Trump. FINE, ok not even then, but unless he ..ok…not even then.
- Engage with encouragement.
- Be specific; often.
- Swim against the tide of discouragement.
- Seek to be life-giving; energizing.
- Avoid time hijacks and energy drains. Avoid hijacking someone else’s time and draining their energy.
- Focus on and amplify what is good and true.
- Be careful with confrontation; only do so if it promotes, preserves, and enhances life for the greater good (remember MLK).
- Speak to what you know
- Don’t talk past what you know. DON’T talk past what you know… Randy…shhh… do you really know what you are talking about? It’s ok if you don’t.
- Love Jesus, love people …
- and don’t be an asshole about it; no condescension, minimization, generalization.
- reflectively listen first
- In all things, keep it simple.
- Spiritually, we are family, all of us.
So, there’s that! If you have any thoughts or additional “anchoring points,” I would love to hear them in the comments, social media or if you are shy 🙂 privately. Have a great day.